Blood Pressure Check
We do Blood Pressure Checks
Our trained practitioners can quickly and easily measure your blood pressure and provide advice on simple lifestyle changes that can help improve your overall heart health, and reduce your risk of stroke.
A Blood Pressure Check could help you avoid serious conditions.
High blood pressure (hypertension) can lead to heart disease or stroke, and because your heart can’t always let you know what’s wrong, it’s important to have your blood pressure checked regularly even if you feel fine.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions you may be at risk
- Do you exercise fewer than 30 minutes each day?
- Do you eat fewer than 2 servings of fruit and 5 servings of vegetables each day?
- Do you smoke?
- Do you drink more than two standard alcoholic drinks per day?
- Are you overweight?
- Do you have a family history of high blood pressure or heart disease?
- Do you have a diet high in salt?
High blood pressure can occur without any signs or symptoms to alert you.
A blood pressure test at Chemmart Nelson Bay only takes 5 minutes and could save your life.
No appointment is needed.
Information on this page is copied from the Chemmart website.